Author Topic: Permission to come aboard!  (Read 7173 times)

Offline K6CKS

• Seaman Apprentice
  • Total BZs: 0
    • View Profile
Permission to come aboard!
« on: March 16, 2013, 01:05:06 PM »
My name is Rory, I am an Extra Class Ham Radio Operator in Fort Smith Arkansas and I am very interested in operating an HF Submarine Museum radio station on board the U.S.S. Batfish.  Is there anyone that can tell me how to proceed?
Thanks!!

Offline Jim

• Former USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Forum Moderator
  • Petty Officer 2nd Class
  • Total BZs: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Permission to come aboard!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 02:53:11 PM »
Welcome aboard.  I am suggesting you post this in the Batfish forum and PM Mark Sarsfield.  He is BLHA and knows who the best HAM contact would be.

Offline WW2SUB

• Seaman Apprentice
  • Total BZs: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Permission to come aboard!
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 07:52:07 PM »
Permission Granted!

Welcome aboard Rory, I am the club Trustee for the USS Batfish Ham radio Station, WW2SUB. We would love to have you join us anytime. The Radio Club meets the first Saturday of each month at 10AM in the Batfish Museum Meeting room. Feel free to join us anytime. I live about an hour away, and work for a living, so if you want to operate on a specific date and time, then please give me as much heads up as possible so I can do my best to make that happen for you.

The next known operating event should be June 1-2 (UTC) for the Museum Ships Weekend event, but there may be others. You can keep up to date on the radio club at WWW.WW2SUB.org

You can reply here, or email me at trustee@ww2ok.org

73's Wade
KF5IF