Author Topic: forward escape hatch light  (Read 4920 times)

Offline drew

• Seaman
  • Total BZs: 1
    • View Profile
forward escape hatch light
« on: April 14, 2013, 08:32:03 PM »
The forward escape hatch light doesn't work on the Lionfish. The socket is there, but there isn't any voltage.
The only documentation I have is the NavPers 16162 electrical manual, which isn't much help.
I can follow the wire from the light socket down the hatch and onto the left side of the FTR hull. Then it goes behind the small lockers. I haven't tried tracing it past that point.

Is there a switch for the light somewhere? If so, where is the switch located? Does the switch have a label?

Thanx,
Drew

Offline emeacho

• USS Torsk Volunteer
  • Petty Officer 2nd Class
  • Total BZs: 4
    • View Profile
Re: forward escape hatch light
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 01:01:22 PM »
Torsk has a DC lighting panel on the aft bulkhead of the FTR.  It is on the port side of the watertight door.  All the DC lights in FTR are powered from that panel.  I don't remember if that light is specifically labeled or not.  Turn the ON/OFF switches on the panel to ON until you get power on the socket.

Hope that helps!

Offline Paul Farace

• USS Cod Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 02:01:40 PM »
ditto for COD!
Johnny Cash's third cousin, twice removed

Offline drew

• Seaman
  • Total BZs: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 09:43:04 PM »
Thanx to the suggestions, I easily found the switch box. The box no longer has any switch handles, and only a couple of shafts left.
So i had to go inside the box to check things.

NOTE: I am an electrical engineer and used to being around lethal voltages. Turning off the power to the switchbox would be the recommended procedure, but the only way I now how to do that is to turn off the breakers to the boat. I am not sure the visitors would be amused.

When the switches are on, the voltages at the output of all 8 switches are good (120Vac for the Lionfish). I can see lights turn off/on in the FTR when turn the switches except one. The switch on right side, one down from the top, labeled "S&RS Port", doesn't seem to effect anything. Not all the light sockets have bulbs in them, so not seeing a light go off may just mean it is missing from the socket.

Anyone know what switch turns the escape hatch light on/off?