Author Topic: USS Seadragon SS-194  (Read 6994 times)

Offline Migster

• Seaman Apprentice
  • Total BZs: 1
    • View Profile
USS Seadragon SS-194
« on: March 28, 2017, 06:49:11 PM »
Hello everyone

I was never in the service but fascinated with submarines. collecting data on all Unterseebootes of Germany during WWII and slowly working on the WWI boats of.
Also...I have many photos of the USS Lionfish in Fall River Massachusetts as well as the Battleship Massachusetts if anyone is interested. I have visited it  about  5 times and never get bored, neither does my camera lol.

I have for years been trying, with no results to find a crew list for The USS Seadragon SS-194, My Uncle told me that "Destination Tokyo" the movie was based on that sub and that i had an Uncle that was aboard it during that time, but to no avail. George White or Whiting and supposedly he was the one who anesthetized the crew member whose appendix had burst while in Tokyo bay. Also my Grandmother had told me the same story years before my Uncle had even mentioned it to me.

My Uncle who served in the Korean war on the USS Saint Paul along with his Father (my Grandfather) at the same time. My Grandfather served on the Saint Paul during WWII.

My other Grandfather on my Fathers side was a radio operator on a Catalina PBY hunting U-boats off the East Coast, I think he was stationed in Greenland at some point.

Well if anyone may have any information on a crew list n the SS-194 would be appreciated very much...and yes I have the movie Destination Tokyo lol.

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 10
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: USS Seadragon SS-194
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 10:55:03 PM »
That's an interesting history there!

Offline Jim