Author Topic: Pictures!  (Read 18562 times)

Offline K0EFV

• Petty Officer 3rd Class
  • Total BZs: 0
  • SSGT "BAND OF BROTHERS"
    • View Profile
Re: Pictures!
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2008, 01:28:06 PM »
Lance:
I sent you 4 emails with the photos.  I inadvertantly sent one photo twice.  I sent them via MSN mail with cc to myself.  They came thru to me OK.  I don't know if you got them.  Some of the photos were my own.  The arial shots were by a local Manitowoc native and his wife who are active in several flying clubs.  They said no problem to use them for personal use (non-profit).  We have used them for Ham Radio event certificates many times.  I will check again but I am sure anything to do with Submarines would be fine with him. He is active with the Maritime museum in Manitowoc.  I will identify the ones he took and try to get his name for you if you have need to acknowledge them.  Regarding Disks I can forward 50 images faster on a disk or memory card  than I can upload them. I trust you to put them on the site better than I can and avoid cluttering up the forum.  I wil continue to do postings that don't need Hi Res photos.  Let me know if you got the emails.  If you didn't get themlet me know and I will send a disk.
K0EFV Tom USMC 
Tom USMC

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 10
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2008, 05:39:15 PM »
Lance:
I sent you 4 emails with the photos.  I inadvertantly sent one photo twice.  I sent them via MSN mail with cc to myself.  They came thru to me OK.  I don't know if you got them.  Some of the photos were my own.  The arial shots were by a local Manitowoc native and his wife who are active in several flying clubs.  They said no problem to use them for personal use (non-profit).  We have used them for Ham Radio event certificates many times.  I will check again but I am sure anything to do with Submarines would be fine with him. He is active with the Maritime museum in Manitowoc.  I will identify the ones he took and try to get his name for you if you have need to acknowledge them.  Regarding Disks I can forward 50 images faster on a disk or memory card  than I can upload them. I trust you to put them on the site better than I can and avoid cluttering up the forum.  I wil continue to do postings that don't need Hi Res photos.  Let me know if you got the emails.  If you didn't get themlet me know and I will send a disk.
K0EFV Tom USMC 

Hate to say it, but I never received any photos.  Did you send them to submarinemuseums@gmail.com ?

Offline K0EFV

• Petty Officer 3rd Class
  • Total BZs: 0
  • SSGT "BAND OF BROTHERS"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2008, 06:25:11 PM »
 Lance:
Well I see the problem.  I used qmail instead of gmail in the address.  Wonder why I never got a bounce or fail notice.  I will forward them with correct addr
K0EFV Tom USMC
Tom USMC

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 10
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2008, 12:50:07 AM »
Note to everyone:

I have upped the max size of photo attachments to around 1.9 MB, and you can have 6 photo attachments per post now.

Feel free to attach pictures to your posts, as long as storage and bandwidth don't get tooooo out of hand, all is good.