Author Topic: GHOSTS ON THE USS CAVALLA  (Read 17450 times)

chris

GHOSTS ON THE USS CAVALLA
« on: May 22, 2008, 12:15:57 PM »
GHOSTS VOICES ON THE SUB CAVALLA,VERY CLEAR.GO TO GOOGLE AND SEARCH INTERNET ARCHIVE:DETAILS:WWII SUBMARINE USS CAVALLA

Offline JohnG

• USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Petty Officer 2nd Class
  • Total BZs: 3
  • USS Batfish's Resident Thug
    • View Profile
Re: GHOSTS ON THE USS CAVALLA
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 06:13:38 PM »
Ah come on! Link me man! Try to post the pics too so we can all see!
"If crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight?" ~George Carlin

chris

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 07:55:18 PM »
JOHNG,
            O.K HERE IS THE LINK UP TYPE IT JUST AS I HAVE IT WITH UPPER CASE AS IT APPEARS.
www.archive.org/details/WwiiSubmarineUssCavallaElectronicVoicePhenomenaevpGhost

Offline JohnG

• USS Batfish Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 03:46:38 PM »
Wow, that is some crazy stuff. I am a little skeptic but if that stuff is authentic then wow. Amazing.
"If crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight?" ~George Carlin

chris

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 06:57:47 PM »
WELL,IT IS I THINK A LITTLE TOO CLEAR.USUAL SO CALLED GHOST VOICES ARE VERY HARD TO MAKE OUT WHILE THIS IS VERY CLEAR.I WONDER IF ANYONE ON THE CAVALLA NEW ABOUT THIS?

Offline JohnG

• USS Batfish Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 12:17:40 PM »
See thats what I am wondering. I mean, I have seen documented EVP's that were super clear before, they're just rare. I wonder if anyone else has caught anything.

Offline Rick

• Former Director, Muskogee War Memorial
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 01:29:40 PM »
http://www.rvpri.com/batfish.htm

This is submitted for you review.  I do not put any credance into this type of thing, but many people do and I enjoy seeing what the various groups do to try and prove their theories. 

Again I do not say that the whole ghost thing is true or false.  That is your determination....

On a side note.  I did have a second group do a more indepth investigation 2 weeks ago.   They initailly reported hearing "old time" music in the Gally.   They have not returned with their findings yet.   

Rick
USS Batfish...

Offline MWALLEN

• Military Historian / Former Batfish Volunteer
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 11
    • View Profile
    • The Official USS Batfish SS310 Website
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 05:09:13 PM »
What a hoot.  Demon Frog.  Maybe that was the name of the BATFISH before ACOUPA...The USS Demon Frog (SS310)   :uglystupid2:

The only one I could actually understand was "east end".  I think it was the way the steel affects the sound of thousands of WASPS.  After all, they are the only thing that I am sure of that has died on the BATFISH...uh...Demon Frog.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Offline Rick

• Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 04:37:06 PM »
I just present the what has been given to me.  This also gets us on the haunted tour in October and gets the work out.   At least we do not have haunted dolls like the museum at Bacone...... :2funny:

Offline Travis McLain

• USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Petty Officer 1st Class
  • Total BZs: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 02:19:56 PM »
Seeing the "Ghost" photo in color is a little different than in black and white, the face is in a different color on the metal.
"Uncommon Valor Was A Common Virtue" Adm. Nimitz on the Marines at Iwo Jima.

"USS Batfish relentlessly tracked down the enemy and in three separate, brilliantly executed attacks, launched her torpedoes with devastating speed and skill and demolished three Japanese submarines."

Offline Darrin

• USS Torsk Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 17
  • School of the Boat Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 07:17:10 PM »
The ghost pic is a good one..... kinda opens your eyes to the fact that maybe the souls who have departed have come home once more and making sure that we are taking good care of the boats that we have left

Offline Rick

• Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2008, 08:51:53 PM »
Shortly after the firs tinvestigatin,  We got to talking with one of the vets that decom'ed the batfish for the final time in '59.  He stated that there was an unexplainable groaning sound comming from insit the boat during the decom' ceramony.   Everyone was on deck and no one was inside the boat.  Capt'n Woodward (last skipper of the boat) stated that it was the old girl saying that she did not want to crew to leave.     

Offline BrokenArrowtiger

• Total BZs: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2010, 02:19:38 PM »
I know quit a bit from ghost since one of my former teachers once lived on the property of a gold mine i beleive anyway white ghost=good blue ghost=bad and yes i have whitnessed a ghost not cool very freaky One of the WW2 Aircraft carrier is still haunted by like 5ghost i beleive one of them is the commander but im not sure its funny seeing the ghost televison shows how people will go to get money
I am a fan of the batfish and the U-505 i have been interested in world war 2 since i was little my dad and his father and my dads fathers mother served in wars i am interested in the Submarine war of world war 2 and someday i want to be a marine archaeologist and or a world war 2 historian