Author Topic: Evolving board...  (Read 5148 times)

Offline Rick

• Former Director, Muskogee War Memorial
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 5
    • View Profile
Evolving board...
« on: June 05, 2008, 11:05:59 AM »
Lance.

I want to take a monemnt to say thank you for your hard work.  This board started out as a board for the museums to discuss ideas and time lines.  It has quickly grown to become an open board for those ideas and even (under out own boat site) a board to commumicate wiht our volunteers.   The sub service has been so secretive in the past and it has been hard to open those channels of communication this board has become just the place for that.  It's neutral, yet common, platform has done wonders for the Batfish and the other sub museums out there.   

Thank you Lance

Keep up the good work...

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 10
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Evolving board...
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 01:27:08 PM »
Thanks Rick.  It was just an idea I had one morning when I woke up.

I tell you, I first got interested in submarines a year ago on Memorial Day.  Before then, I had no idea that these submarine museums existed.  I'm still learning every day, and believe me I really know very little about how things work inside a submarine.

So far the site is taking off even better than I expected.  I still want more people to know it's here.  We are showing up in a Google search pretty easily now.  I have emailed anyone and everyone that I thought may even remotely be interested in taking part here, probably a few two or three times over.  Please continue to tell others about this place.

I'm also trying to exchange links on various links pages.  We are currently linked from a few sites that I know of, but I'm trying for more.