Author Topic: Boat Cleaning  (Read 6445 times)

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Former USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 9
    • View Profile
Boat Cleaning
« on: June 10, 2008, 10:35:28 AM »
Rick,

Do you have folks that clean the boat on a regular basis?  If so, is there a way to get them to go up into the CT and clean that place?  It could use a healthy does of Simple Green and a shop vac to suck up all of the debris under the deck plates - at least the visible stuff under the metal grates and around the lower hatch.  Walls, shevles, tables, equiopment, etc.  It all has caked on dust and grime.  It feels dirtier than the engine rooms.

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy

Offline Paul Farace

• USS Cod Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 12
    • View Profile
Re: Boat Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 12:37:17 PM »
Mark:

Don't be asking for miracles!    :angel:

Sub guys have the technical acumen for operating stuff like TDCs, submarine valves, radios, etc., but so far in my life, I have NEVER seen anyone working on subs, or sub qualified, that has been able to figure out how to use a shopvac!!!   It's just too complicated for their minds...

Running for deep water!
(But it's true, come look at COD--just don't wear white gloves!)

PF  :tickedoff:
Johnny Cash's third cousin, twice removed

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 01:34:49 PM »
Rick has a cleaning girl/lady that comes down every so often to clean.  We also put crumb munchers to work, like the Boy Scouts.  It's pretty bad when the pump room looks almost better than the CT.

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy

Offline Rick

• Former Director, Muskogee War Memorial
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 07:33:52 PM »
I have to clairify,  that cleaning lady was a Physician at one point and time and is currently teaching some biology at one of the local collages.  She is als the daughter of Nick Quadliaro.   She is very helpful and animated.  I lust love her to peacies.   

I have kids.  I will make that one of their projects for the summer.   I need to work on getting them to focus a little, but that will come.

Rick

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 08:40:48 AM »
Roger that.  The first thing that I always notice when I climb the CT ladder is paint chips and filth everywhere.  I'm sure that the guests do, too.

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

Offline Rick

• Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 11:48:49 AM »
Unfortunately this is all over the boat.  This is going to take a lot of work.   It will be done thought.

Offline MWALLEN

• Military Historian / Former Batfish Volunteer
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 11
    • View Profile
    • The Official USS Batfish SS310 Website
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 12:08:00 PM »
This is going to take a lot of work.   It will be done thought.

Maybe after the deck, you hand out brooms, rags and buckets and EVERYONE gets involved.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Offline Rick

• Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 02:05:37 PM »
good suggestion.  I have some really good Creek kids this year,  but they are still young and inexperienced.  They seem a little uncertain when I assign a task. 

Rick