Author Topic: T-shirt I made  (Read 9068 times)

Offline Travis McLain

• USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Petty Officer 1st Class
  • Total BZs: 2
    • View Profile
T-shirt I made
« on: March 04, 2008, 06:09:30 PM »
Just wanted to show you guys a t-shirt I made. Sub on back of T-shirt is the Haddock, one of the subvets that I met was on this one.
This picture is of John K. Fyfe looking through the periscope, and the bottom image is what he is seeing through it. Front of T-shirt:

"Uncommon Valor Was A Common Virtue" Adm. Nimitz on the Marines at Iwo Jima.

"USS Batfish relentlessly tracked down the enemy and in three separate, brilliantly executed attacks, launched her torpedoes with devastating speed and skill and demolished three Japanese submarines."

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 10
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: T-shirt I made
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 06:41:24 PM »
I gotta know...how?

You have a local place make this up for you, or did you do it online with someone like http://www.cafepress.com or what?

Nifty shirt btw!

Offline Travis McLain

• USS Batfish Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 07:10:44 PM »
I bought some Iron on paper from hobby lobby, 7 sheets for like 3-4 dollars. All you do is put the sheets in the printer, print the image as a mirror and iron it on the t-shirt. All I did was copy the images into a word document, make them the size I wanted, added the text and printed it off. But you have to make sure you get the right colored t-shirt for the right kind of paper, it says what color shirts to get on the back of the packet.

"USS Batfish relentlessly tracked down the enemy and in three separate, brilliantly executed attacks, launched her torpedoes with devastating speed and skill and demolished three Japanese submarines."

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 10
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 11:33:30 PM »
Nice.  I have ideas for shirts all the time, but most local t-shirt printers have minimum order amounts and with cafepress.com you end up paying around $30 for a t-shirt if you only order one.

I haven't looked into bumper stickers yet...

Offline Travis McLain

• USS Batfish Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 06:21:12 PM »
Yes it is nice. So far I have made four shirts. The submarine one, a Batfish one, one with two marines shooting their guns (WWII), ans one with John Wayne that says "Life is tough, it's tougher if you are stupid" which was one of his many sayings.

Offline K0EFV

• Petty Officer 3rd Class
  • Total BZs: 0
  • SSGT "BAND OF BROTHERS"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 05:33:27 PM »
Travis:
I have made several T-Shirts also.  I found a steam iron avoids scorching the cloth but I had a local dry cleaner do the last batch on their big ironer.   Office supply stores also offer Magnet sheets, and Bumper sticker sheets at a good price.  Staples here has Avery, HP and their own brand.  I really go for the magnet sheets and they are HI gloss and handle photos really good.  My Fridg is now covered with them Also I made some bumper stickers for several Sub-Vets and they were  very good. 
K0EFV Tom USMC 
Tom USMC

Offline Travis McLain

• USS Batfish Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 06:33:19 PM »
Sounds great, I will have to look for those bumper sticker ones.