Author Topic: I welcome the honorable Chief Mike....  (Read 9763 times)

Offline Darrin

• USS Torsk Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 17
  • School of the Boat Guru
    • View Profile
I welcome the honorable Chief Mike....
« on: June 17, 2008, 09:13:22 PM »
Folks,
if you look and see the new name on the latest member is shows emeacho and he is ONE of the best in the business of restoring museum submarines..  While I could mention the submarines that he served on and the units that he served in in the Reserves I would probably do an injustice by trying to recite his military record incorrectly so I am going to leave that sleeping dog lie...... and if I get it wrong he will have me in the bilges again  :-[       I will say that he did time on the Von Stueben and leave it at that...

Honestly Chief Mike is a true friend and shipmate who has helped me every chance that he could and we have been in some bad situations in the JRRF and we have walked away tired and needing a beer almost more then we needed the equipment that we just pulled.... For the record he WAS with me on the Ex USS Sunbird when our lights crapped out and we were pulling a compass repeater out of Aft Steering for the Torsk, and he has also been here with me and a few others from the Torsk in 100+ degree temps in containers that hadn't been opened in 40+ years and he has stayed here in my humble home a few times to work in removing gear that has been termed "obsolete" by the USN and later returned to service by the Torsk Volunteer Association.

Chief Mike, I welcome you to this bbs and I can only hope that you stay a while even though I know how busy your schedule is. When I put my size 12 into his butt tonight he finally relented and came aboard and folks PLEASE abuse I mean use the knowledge that he has learned in the last 10 years of restoring the Torsk, because I cannot think of a better person who has been there and done that (other then TorskDoc).

Honestly I can only hope and pray that ALL of the museums can get a rep here so we can discuss problems and help each other out in fixing them together because no one else will.

Again Chief Mike, welcome aboard

Darrin

Offline emeacho

• USS Torsk Volunteer
  • Petty Officer 2nd Class
  • Total BZs: 4
    • View Profile
Re: I welcome the honorable Chief Mike....
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 08:33:15 AM »
Thanks, Darrin.  You flatter me way too much!

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 10
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 08:51:04 AM »
Welcome to the forum Chief Mike!

Offline AVGWarhawk

• USS Torsk Volunteer
  • Petty Officer 3rd Class
  • Total BZs: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 10:16:30 AM »
I now see Mike has found the site!   :)
CHRIS GOSSWEILER/USS Torsk Volunteer/You will find me in the engine rooms.

Offline Darrin

• USS Torsk Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 05:03:33 PM »
Ya know Chief,
you kind of did the same for me a few times in my early days in TVA and I had to repay you for all of the help and understanding that you have given to this bull in a china shop who over the years has finally started to calm down and think things through instead of just busting my way through and damned the consequences.
Stay for a while, this place grows on ya....

Darrin

Offline JohnG

• USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Petty Officer 2nd Class
  • Total BZs: 3
  • USS Batfish's Resident Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 08:30:12 PM »
Welcome on board!  How did you get the name Chief Mike?
"If crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight?" ~George Carlin

Offline Rick

• Former Director, Muskogee War Memorial
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 10:45:05 PM »
Uh Oh.  Another Torsk Guy.  We Batfishers better watch out.     Welcome aboard.  This board is not about any one boat, but for all of the boats.  Some of us need all the help we can get. 

Rick

Offline Darrin

• USS Torsk Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 10:57:07 PM »
Rick,
Don't worry us Torsk guys aren't going to try to take over the world ;)   Just remember we are here to help you......       Oh wait that is what I tell them at work......  Seriously the two that I have brought over are REALLY good at what they do and they are on the boat every saturday and they have forgotten more about Torsk then I will probably ever learn. And yes we are here to help you on Batfish and the Drum and even the COD ???  Not that Paul needs much help.

Offline AVGWarhawk

• USS Torsk Volunteer
  • Petty Officer 3rd Class
  • Total BZs: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 12:26:57 PM »
Uh Oh.  Another Torsk Guy.  We Batfishers better watch out.     Welcome aboard.  This board is not about any one boat, but for all of the boats.  Some of us need all the help we can get. 

Rick

Nothing to look for other than a helping hand  ;)....Geezer Chief has all the wiring diagrams you need and others with the know-how to get'er done! :) 
CHRIS GOSSWEILER/USS Torsk Volunteer/You will find me in the engine rooms.

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Former USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2008, 10:01:33 PM »
Welcome aboard!

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy