Author Topic: Things needed for convention  (Read 5781 times)

Offline Viejo

• On Eternal Patrol 12/10/12
  • Petty Officer 2nd Class
  • Total BZs: 6
    • View Profile
    • Lockwood Internet Base
Things needed for convention
« on: August 05, 2008, 01:24:34 AM »
Any of you guys that would like to bring or send to me any brochures, etc of your boat to have at the display table, please do so.  The more we have to show people the more people we make strike an interest in and hopefully spread the word and even maybe raise some bucks for some of the boats. Also helpful would be to have names and addresses of where people can send donations or leave things in their wills to your boats. I am hitting LIB up this week to pay the $30 a day so we can have electricity for the display table. I am also trying to round up a laptop so that we can play the DVD and other material that Lance is preparing and anything else that someone might want to show. Can't believe it is less than a month until the convention. Here is my address so anyone can send something to me to take to the convention for your boat. I'll be there sometime Monday and will have it set up to go that day and electricity on for Tues-Sat.
Thanks,
Viejo
William Lee
315 W. Main St.
Clarinda
Iowa 51632-2147
“Keep the memory of the USS Scorpion SSN-589 and its crew alive"
http://www.decklog.com/SSN-589.asp

Offline Paul Farace

• USS Cod Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 12
    • View Profile
Re: Things needed for convention
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 11:59:03 PM »
OK, I hope standard mail gets my COD box to you in time!

Contents:

COD brochures
COD tabletop sign
Blank tabletop sign holder for SOMEONE to place SUBMARINEMUSEUMS.ORG logo on -- 8 1/2 x 11 in. landscape format
COD caps (2)
COD teeshirts (I was thinking big guys XLs and XXLs)
"Hunt for Red October" inflatable Typhoon sub movie promo from the film. I knew I'd find a good use for this thing someday!

My feeling is that if you blow up the sub (as in inflate) and hang it over the table, it will not only grab attention, but you can also sell $1 chances on it to help defray expenses... you have to supply the red tickets because I can't find the wheel of tickets we have for COD (and never use!)...  The sub even has hooks attached for hanging. I don't think there are any leaks (not good for any kind of sub, whether it is made of vinyl or steel)... but blow it up to see!

Anything else in the box that you can't wear, raffle!
Good luck, and Godspeed!
Wish I could be there to help!
 :angel:

Paul
Johnny Cash's third cousin, twice removed

Offline Rick

• Former Director, Muskogee War Memorial
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 01:31:05 PM »
Batfish sent ours off 2 days ago.  Our box has a lot of brochures and tour guides.  We are reprinting both this fall.  Do what you will with them.  I wish I had thought I woud have given you a T as well...

Rick

Offline Viejo

• On Eternal Patrol 12/10/12
  • Petty Officer 2nd Class
  • Total BZs: 6
    • View Profile
    • Lockwood Internet Base
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 09:37:00 AM »
I'll be sure and post as things show up.  So far I have a package from the Bowfin and some discs from the Silversides. Mail is a little slow around here, so the Cod and Batfish packages haven't arrived as yet.  There probably is enough time for someone from the Torsk or any of the other boats to send some things if they could.
Thanks to all who are sending things. I know there will be many there who will take the info and use it.
Viejo
“Keep the memory of the USS Scorpion SSN-589 and its crew alive"
http://www.decklog.com/SSN-589.asp