Author Topic: Go vote!  (Read 13570 times)

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Former USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Go vote!
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2008, 12:15:39 PM »
I think we're two Americas.  This article sums it up pretty well...  http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=78574

I'm going to contact my state reps about what is involved in starting a secession movement within the OK state governemnt next year.  I suspect that we'll need a petition.

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy

Offline JTheotonio

• Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 8
    • View Profile
    • USS Picuda SS-382
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2008, 08:06:19 PM »
Our Constitution has stood for a very long time - we are resilient and we will survive.  I do believe that this country is moving left too far. 
-----
From the Forward Torpedo Room

John

Offline Rick

• Former Director, Muskogee War Memorial
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2008, 12:33:55 PM »
I have been waiting till after the election to put my 2 cents worth in.  I voted McCain because 1 he is from AZ and I am from AZ.  He has his share of personal flaws, but so did George Washington the greatest presedent ,in my opinion, to live.  I am very concerned about Obama and his views on the military and the middle east situation.   We have faught too long and hard to just pull out over there.   

With that saind we must stay true to our most fundimental values.  Obama has been elected and is presedent.  We all must stand up and support and guide him.   We have the power to do this.   We are not automoatons that do what we are told. Oner 200 years of history has porven that.  We have a voice and with enough support, that voice can and will be heard.   

Mark S.  Just remember what happend the last time a few states decided to leave the uniion.     

Offline JohnG

• USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Petty Officer 2nd Class
  • Total BZs: 3
  • USS Batfish's Resident Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2008, 12:46:24 PM »
The last time states tried to leave....Sherman happened. lol
"If crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight?" ~George Carlin

Offline JTheotonio

• Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 8
    • View Profile
    • USS Picuda SS-382
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2008, 01:27:26 PM »
Isn't Maine or New Hampshire always trying, or maybe there is just one city up there trying to leave one state to join the other.

Maybe the new POTUS will make all the red states third world countries...
-----
From the Forward Torpedo Room

John

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Former USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2008, 01:02:53 PM »
We'll see how much of a tyrant this guy becomes.  People will warm up to the idea of secession once others are being dragged out of their houses at night.  This guy does politics Chicago gangster style.  He believes in eliminating "enemies".  There is always a threat of civil war as a result of desperate measures like these.

I think TX votes on secession every so often.  I think it's part of their constitution.

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy

Offline JohnG

• USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Petty Officer 2nd Class
  • Total BZs: 3
  • USS Batfish's Resident Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2008, 03:36:20 PM »
Mark, maybe we should wait until he his actually in office before judging him. ;)

"If crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight?" ~George Carlin