Author Topic: Facebook and related  (Read 6165 times)

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 10
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website
Facebook and related
« on: May 10, 2009, 07:02:09 PM »
Well, I've created a Facebook page for SUBMARINEMUSEUMS.ORG so if you're on there, search for "SUBMARINEMUSEUMS.ORG" and become a fan.  :)

I believe this link will get you to it:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SUBMARINEMUSEUMSORG/99979933905

I also have a personal Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter page.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 09:46:03 AM by Lance Dean »

Offline JTheotonio

• Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 8
    • View Profile
    • USS Picuda SS-382
Re: Facebook and related
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 07:23:27 PM »
Hopefully we can get some more guys turned onto this site Lance and museum boats as well.  Well done Gunner!
-----
From the Forward Torpedo Room

John

Offline Lance Dean

• USS Drum Fan
  • Forum Administrator
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 10
  • John calls me "Gunner"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 07:45:58 PM »
Thanks John.  I know that at least a few of the regulars here have a Facebook account and maybe a MySpace account.  There are at least 2 great submarine groups on Facebook ... "Submarines" and "Got Dolphins?" are very big.  They have discussion boards and all that.  The SUBMARINEMUSEUMS.ORG thing is just a fan page.  I don't want to even think about being tied exclusively to Facebook, no way.

So if you have a Facebook account, become a fan and tell a friend.  If you don't have a Facebook account, what are you waiting for?  :)

Offline Rick

• Former Director, Muskogee War Memorial
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 01:41:16 PM »
Done ad Done....
We have our own facebook page which is very rudamentry.   Anything we can do to help bring attention to us is important.

Rick

Offline Travis McLain

• USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Petty Officer 1st Class
  • Total BZs: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 02:20:46 PM »
Awesome Lance, I was going to suggest creating a facebook page a while back but I wasnt sure that many people on this site had facebook or anything, I thing this is a big step forward for the site, and for our Subs! Thanks for doing everything you have done Lance
"Uncommon Valor Was A Common Virtue" Adm. Nimitz on the Marines at Iwo Jima.

"USS Batfish relentlessly tracked down the enemy and in three separate, brilliantly executed attacks, launched her torpedoes with devastating speed and skill and demolished three Japanese submarines."

Offline JTheotonio

• Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 8
    • View Profile
    • USS Picuda SS-382
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 05:49:02 AM »
This great - there are about 6 or more submarine related FaceBook groups now - just search for friends using Submarine.  I have now hooked up with two former Russian Submarine offices, one was skipper of K-77 (Valery Grigoriev, and the other is Igor Kurdin, officer on the K-407 (Delta).  Igor is the Chairmanof the Submariners of St. Petersburg. http://www.submarinersclub.ru/

So jump in there if you have not joined.  Also this is a good way to get some interest in this site.  A couple of the submarine groups is over 1,000 members and growing.  Many are on active duty, and many are recently discharged from the looks of their postings.
-----
From the Forward Torpedo Room

John