Author Topic: 1MC/7MC Help & Parts Needed!  (Read 28832 times)

Offline Rick

• Former Director, Muskogee War Memorial
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 5
    • View Profile
Re: 1MC/7MC Help & Parts Needed!
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2008, 04:08:02 PM »
Yeah.  Thanks for hooking me up with Bill.  I think a lot of people on here will benefit from what we find out.

I'm also going to tackle/oversee getting the radio shack fully operational, again.  This will be easier, because the radios are portable and can be worked on in a shop.  My plan is to put some announcements out on ham radio web sites to see if any old Hams in NE OK want a crack at restoring the military radios.

Mark,
I am all for this, but just be sure you work with Sam Whitley and the radio guys on this.  They have laid claim on the compartment and I do not want to make them feel that they are being run off.  I do think that this may get them moving again and working on in there. 

Rick

Offline Mark Sarsfield

• Former USS Batfish Volunteer
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2008, 05:22:01 PM »
I ran this by them several weeks ago and they all gave me 2 thumbs up.  I posted a "help wanted" ad on the Antique Radios forum, but no one on there is from Tulsa/eastern OK.  Still, they are a great source of informationa nd experience/knowledge base.

My next step is to put ads on some amateur radio websites to see if any hams in the area have an interest in working on the radios.

Regards,
Mark Sarsfield
USS Batfish reenactor

"If you have one bucket that can hold 5 gallons and one bucket that can hold 2 gallons, how many buckets do you have?" - IQ test from Idiocracy

Offline Rick

• Former Director, Muskogee War Memorial
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2008, 08:35:54 PM »
Good deal.   I may have even seen that come through my email but just forgot about it.   

Too much desil fumes I guess.