Author Topic: Cavalla Historical Foundation-  (Read 7262 times)

Offline CHF

• Seaman Apprentice
  • Total BZs: 2
    • View Profile
Cavalla Historical Foundation-
« on: November 30, 2009, 07:15:16 PM »
Many of you already know me, I have been around the submarine BBS's since 1996 and helped start the Cavalla restoration in 1998.  I have been somewhat on the edges of the CHF for several years but have worked with them on various projects.  Recently I was asked to serve as temporary administrator to the President of the CHF, Grady Harrison who has ably served CHF and supported John and Billy and the display at Seawolf park for several years.  We hope to increase communication about the Boat and the restoration efforts and needs and get back on track where we were before Hurricane Ike.  Much of John's time this past year has been dealing with the recovery from Ike, but he has made a lot of headway in other areas. In any case, I expect to post here from time to time and I have supported Lance since he started all of this.

Look out, I like to pick brains and steal ideas!!
Gil  ELT627 as must of you know me.

Offline Tom Bowser

• USS Drum Restoration Foreman
  • Petty Officer 1st Class
  • Total BZs: 12
    • View Profile
Re: Cavalla Historical Foundation-
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 07:25:56 PM »
Hey Gil,
They talked you into it, Good. I know you will be a real asset to the Cavalla as you always have been. Good luck and if you stumble across some one with too much money mention the Drum.  ;D

Offline JTheotonio

• Chief Petty Officer
  • Total BZs: 8
    • View Profile
    • USS Picuda SS-382
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 09:36:52 AM »
Well done Gil - CHF will be well served!
-----
From the Forward Torpedo Room

John

Offline CHF

• Seaman Apprentice
  • Total BZs: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 01:51:49 PM »
We now have a PayPal donation site up on the Cavalla Web page, posted as a link on Facebook and setup as an email link to go on emails sent out by CHF board members.  Hope it will help to produce some funds for the Restoration and Maintenance.  There is still a lot of work to be done to recover from Hurricane Ike.  This weekend, John and Billie will be hosting the first sleepaboard since Hurricane Ike for a group.